The LORD is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.
Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: “The LORD’s right hand has done mighty things!
The LORD’s right hand is lifted high; the LORD’s right hand has done mighty things!”
We want to start this year 2017 by thanking you for all your prayers and great support. Looking back at last year, we want to count our blessings. We are happy with what God has done in the last year and what He has brought us by His grace. Through every year and every season, God has led and guided us all through out. In Ecclesiastes 3:18, God tells us that there is time for everything. Many times we face difficult challenges in dealing problems among our disciples, but in everything we have victory in Christ Jesus within us as what the bible says in Romans 8:37 that we are more than conquerors. His love and mercy encouraged us and helped us to stand firm. (Psalm 136:1)
We had our yearly planning done earlier this January. Together with all the staff, we thank God for the wisdom and strength He gave as for that 3 day planning. We were able to evaluate and contemplate what we have achieved for the ministry last year. We were also able to talk and discuss things how we could improve the ministry for this year. Prayerfully, we will be able to make our planning in to action. We believe for this coming year that even if we don’t see all things yet, we have hope in God's promise. We trust that what He will do, His perfect will and plan, will be successful for this ministry.
HIGHLIGHTS IN 2016:
- We were able to register Tamar Foundation Inc. to the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
- Asmund Orjasaeter is now leading the base while Virginia Orjasaeter is now effectively acting as the Social Worker of the foundation.
- There are two staffs that joined us last year (Faith and Queeny), while one staff (Lisa) ended her commitment last December.
- We hosted few teams from different countries and they are a great blessing to us especially for our disciples.
- We are blessed to joined the Jesus Reigns fellowship. It's a one day event where churches around the Philippines are gathered to worship God together and YWAM Olongapo is part of it. Some of the staff, workers and disciples performed a worship dance.
- The kids participated Christmas parties in churches and schools.
- We had a wonderful Christmas party as a base. The kids had been blessed.
BUILDING PROJECT REPORT:
- You must be aware that this building extension has already taken one year and now is on the verge of completion. Before year 2016 ended the
construction of the rooms on the 2nd floor has finished. We are now heading up to the 3rd floor. We are excited for what God has in store for this building project as we continue to trust Him to provide for the remaining needs of the construction for it to be completed.
PRAISE GOD WITH US:
> Praise God for our first team this year. They are DTS Team from Kona, Hawaii and they are going to work alongside with us in the next couple of weeks.
> Praise God for Gay Ann, a former staff here who is now teaching the workers and disciples for two(2) months (January-February).
> Right now we have 2 volunteer staff in Pasay Center who are conducting some teachings and discipleship to 6 girls who were rescued from trafficking by IJM. These two staff are a great blessing as they avail their selves to be used by God. Some of the girls accepted Jesus as their Lord and personal savior. How awesome is that? Praise God!
PRAY WITH US:
> Pray that the workers and disciples will grow and become strong in faith and that they will become more serious in their walk with God.
> Pray that more girls will be rescued from prostitution and that would come to know the Lord.
> Pray that the kids will experience God in a deeper level at their young age.
> Pray that God will send more full time workers in Olongapo, Pasay and especially Angeles.
> Pray for God's provision for the building project as we are almost at the end of the construction of the 3rd floor. We are still in need of around Php. 50,000.00 or US$1,000.00.
> Lastly, please pray that our team will have unity, understanding and gentleness towards each other.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer in the past years. We have been seeing God at work in the lives of the girls that we have the privilege of working with. As many of you know, every day our ministry is dealing with different problems of the girls. We want to see them transformed by the love of Jesus Christ. Please continue to stand with us in prayer, believing that God will protect the futures of the girls we pour into.
Asmund facilitated the 3 day planning meeting.
We brought the kids out at the park with the Kona team. We had a great time.
The new rooms on the 2nd floor.
Construction of two more rooms on the 3rd floor.